In this episode, we’re focusing on your coworking website through the lens of our customer’s journey.
We talk about the process of conducting an optimization process on your website:
This week, I head back to episode 89, where I go through a framework for implementing consistent team meetings as a part of your leadership system for running a successful coworking space.
You can have the right location, a gorgeous space and a great community and still have the wheels fall of of your business if you don’t have the right systems in place to ensure that the team is aligned with and accountable to your organizational goals.
Weekly meetings are a great way to ensure a regular check-in against KPIs and also to help develop a strong culture, recognize team wins and provide consistent feedback to enhance performance.
One of the most common questions I hear from coworking space operators today is: I'm having trouble selling my flex desks and dedicated desks. Help! Most coworking space operators can't be profitable without coworking revenue - they designed their product mix and therefore their pro forma, to include significant non-office revenue. They need to sell the open space memberships - maybe 2 or 3x over!
Here's a framework for working through your challenge:
1. Describe your Ideal Community Member in detail. Why do they work away from home? What do they do for work? What type of work space do they need? What problem does coworking solve for them?
2. Out of that group of ideal members, what is the profile of a member that would use mostly open space seating to get their work done?
3. How can you find them? How can you message to them so that they know you have a solution to their problem?
4. What creative ideas might you come up with to frame your open space options to make them more compelling? Can you attract a niche? Can you create more privacy using divider systems?
In this myth or fact session, Mike Abrams dissects questions regarding management agreements and in the process helps us to better understand them.
Looking for the show notes for this episode? www.everythingcoworking.com/episodes/191
Leads are starting to pick up for many parts of the world. Many coworking space owners experienced a LOT of turnover in 2020. Many of the members coming into the space now are brand new to your brand and they might be brand new to coworking.
Our onboarding processes might be a little rusty...or a little informal and inconsistent. Or we might have new team members that haven’t done a lot of onboarding. Make sure you have consistent onboarding processes that are intentional and documented. Make sure you’re training your team on these processes and helping them to understand why they are so important.
This episode is to get you back into the frame of mind that...
First impressions matter.
A great onboarding experience is your best retention strategy.
It’s a lot easier to keep good members than to attract new ones.
I don’t think that we can under-estimate the importance of an intentional onboarding process for coworking space members right now.
Here’s what we’re going to cover in this episode. Get the full show notes here: www.everythingcoworking.com/190
- Why your onboarding process is critical to retention
- Four key elements that your onboarding process should include